What will my child learn in our program
What will my child learn?
Our learning program is directly based on the Early Years Learning Framework. The vision is for all children to have the best start to life, provide smooth transition to big school and to create a better future for themselves and the nation.
The framework includes practice principles and desired outcomes for children, families and educators to utilize to further every child’s development and learning.
We encourage children to participate in a variety of activities to extend and develop their knowledge and skills.
The learning areas include language, mathematics, science, technology, social science, art, health and physical activities.
Our quality program promotes each child’s individual skills by focusing on their interests and strengths using portfolios to highlight each child’s interests and learning dispositions.
Our educators offer opportunities for children to:
- Develop as knowledgeable and confident child
- Feel safe, secure and supported
- Develop sense of belonging
- Become socially responsible and show respect for the environment
- Become strong in their social, emotional and spiritual wellbeing
- Take responsibility for their own health and physical wellbeing
- Develop positive attitude to learning such as creativity, enthusiasm, persistence, cooperation
- Experiment with sand, water and sensory materials
- Display competent communication skills
- Develop early numeracy, literacy and science skills
- Be creative and expressive through activities including painting, music, collage, movement, dance, finger painting, drawing, cutting, pasting and story sharing
The learning environment includes a variety of planned and spontaneous activities, small group and individual interactions, active and quite, indoor and outdoor opportunities. Our teachers provide children with an extensive range of resources and educational experiences to support their learning in a fun and stimulating environment.
Families are the primary influence in their children’s lives and also have strong beliefs and values regarding the education and care of their children, and the experiences in which their children should be able to participate. Effective relationships between educators and families are fundamental to the quality of education and care that children receive (National Quality Framework page 147)
We believe in developing positive relationships and establishing partnerships between children, teachers, families and the community. To ensure children are reaching their highest potential it is fundamental to establish collaborative teams to create a quality learning environment. Regular family information nights, family events and centre functions are held to encourage involvement and participation in the centre.